7.1 The following risks have been identified
• Political : change in Government policy/• member support / approval/ political personalities/ new political arrangements.
• Economic: economic downturn/prosperity of local businesses / local communities
• Regulatory: legislation and internal policies/regulations including Health & Safety at Work Act, Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Human Rights, Race Equality and Diversity, Disability Discrimination Act, Employment Law, TUPE, Environmental legislation etc.
• Finance issues: grant funding conditions/loss of/reduction in income/funding, increase in energy costs/ Budgetary pressures/financial management arrangements/investment decisions/sustainable economic growth/affordability models and financial checks/ inadequate insurance cover
• Legal: challenges/ judicial reviews or public interest reports
• System weaknesses :fraud opportunities
• Reputation • negative publicity (local and national), increase in complaints
• Staffing: loss of key staff, recruitment, training and retention issues/ capacity issues – availability, sickness absence etc
• Assets: building maintenance issues
• ICT and information: security,/ data protection
• Quality issues / reduced service delivery – impact on vulnerable groups
• Vulnerable people: policies and procedures
The above will be managed by consultation with;
- The authorities involved in WOLIB; WCC NWBC.
- The Voluntary support organisations; WCAVA, LOCALTY
- Legal Support from Evans Derry Solicitors
- Member of Parliament currently The Rt Hon Daniel Byles FRGS MP